Sunday, February 16, 2014

DIY (Grown Up) Valentine's Gift

Happy BELATED Valentine's Day to all my lovelies out there!!  It may be a few days late but I wanted to post a quick DIY of the Valentine's Day gifts I made this year!

 
First of all, I would like to say I totally respect those that abstain from alcohol.  But for those of us that delight in a fine drink (and chocolate) here and there, this is perfect!!  I bought some mini-sized chocolate boxes, and mini sized alcohol bottles.  For my girl friends I got UV Cake or Chocolate Cake shots. I used some tape to attach them firmly to the box (you can also use hot glue if you want a firmer hold). 
 
For the more manly man in your life I found some Gentleman's Jack, or really any drink of their choice.  If you wanted to make this non-alcoholic you could also attach packs of Via Starbucks instant coffees or hot cocoa.
 
I tied it with some twine or you can use rafia to make it a little more chic.


I also made this idea off of pinterest which turned out super cute.   Same idea, I removed the chocolates (and ate some hehe!) and taped small liquor bottles in.  I left a few chocolates for pizzazz.

 
This was my Valentine's Day dress this year.  I didn't get any really good shots of it, but I ADORE the skater style and the print.  Does anyone know what that print is called?
 
Do you have any ideas for cute Valentine's Day gifts? Please share in the comments below!!
 
~Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment