Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Self Confidence and Chevron

 

 
Instead of going on about my outfit and how I love it (but really, this skirt tho?!), I want to talk about self-confidence.
 
 
I'm sure you're thinking "Self-confidence? From a girl who blogs about her life and posts outfits of herself daily?!". Yes, it's true. Because honestly, self-confidence is something I have struggled with my whole life.  Whether it comes from being shy and nerdy by nature, or an abusive childhood, I have often struggled with my self confidence.
 
Alot of the reason I started this blog was to push myself in being confident in my own personal choices and being confident enough to follow a dream I wanted (which is to start this blog).  I'm not going to lie, it is hard for me.  I think about what other people post, and what they are thinking. But I am also trying very hard to STOP that nasty habit.
 
I have recently started going back to church. It is good for my SOUL.  I adore focusing on my faith. I am usually very quiet about it, but the lesson I am working on is one I want to share with the other women in the blogging community.  Our pastor had us choose a word to focus on for this year. One word of something we need to work on . Instantly, "self-confidence" popped into my head.  He said to go home and google our word and where it is in the bible.
 
At first I thought I may not find any entries at all, but I found a TON of fabulous passages. I have yet to focus on just one, but I wanted to share a few of the ones that really touched my heart, on the chance they may touch yours too.
 
"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." 2 Timothy 1:7
 
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
 
"There is no fear in ove, perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love."
 
Thank you for reading this piece of my heart. I will keep you posted in my journey in self-confidence and faith this year.  If you feel intrigued, choose a word that you want to work on and let me know what passages bring you strength. Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment